As a public service, the Cupertino Library Foundation asked the candidates to comment on their opinions, goals and ambitions regarding our Cupertino Library. We asked questions we hope will help the community evaluate candidate positions on the Library and the mission of the Foundation.
Questions for the Candidates
1. As a council member, what would you do to continue the success of the Library in Cupertino?
2. What do you think of the proposal to add a new program room to the current Library?
3. In July of 2015 the Cupertino Library Commission recommended to City Council that Option 4, which was the “Perch Addition” involving the new construction of a two story building that would be built above the Children’s Reading area and provide room for 130 additional seats for events at a project cost estimated at $6.9 million, be considered over the other Options presented. Do you support Option 4?
4. How do you see the parking issues at Community Hall and the Library being addressed in the next years?
5. Do you support building additional parking spaces to be made available for Library patrons?
6. Do you see a role for adding remote Learning Centers in one or more of the proposed developments currently being considered in Cupertino?
7. Anything else you would like to add in regard to the Library in Cupertino?
Of the eight candidates receiving our questionnaire, five responded with their insights. You can read each candidate’s answers by clicking on their photo below.