Launched in 2011, Super Summer Science Search (S4) aims to connect, engage and inspire middle school students to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Mathematics) over the summer break
S^4 Super Summer Science Search contest to provide students with free access to age-appropriate, academic online research tools as the vehicle to develop:
- Interesting research questions;
- Critical thinking skills to analyze information sources for credibility, bias and accuracy;
- Confidence and competency in using Library databases to seek answers to research questions;
- Effective ways to include and cite authoritative information to support or refute arguments;
- The ability to write persuasive essays, reports and presentations that summarize and synthesize a students’ scientific research;
- Presentation skills through story telling.
We are excited to announce our 2018 program schedule, which will start with the kick off meeting on Saturday, 6/2. Sign up will begin by 5/28 (Monday). For more information, please visit the S4 contest website!