Board Vice President: Art Cohen
Art has been a serial entrepreneur as founder and owner of a high tech start-up, and recent venture in the Entertainment Business with his launch of Bluelight Cinemas in Cupertino. Through Bluelight Cinemas, Art actively supports numerous fund raising events in search of a cure for Cancer and Diabetes. Art is also actively involved in Intellectual Property Consulting as a certified licensing professional.
Art has worked as software engineer and Product Manager for various high tech companies in Silicon Valley including start-ups General Magic and Corrigo and well-known companies including Apple, Inc., Oracle, and Philips Semiconductors.
In addition, Art is a volunteer Board Member of the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce currently acting in the role of Vice President of Membership. Art is also a member of Cupertino Rotary and the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce. He is also actively involved in the Licensing Executive Society, Jewish High Tech Community, Igniters Standford Entrepreneurs Group.
Through Rotary, Art’s volunteers his time to many Youth and Community Service programs and has a strong desire to share his experience with inventors to help guide them through the patent prosecution and assertion processes.
- Board member of Cupertino Library Foundation since 2014
Joined the sub-committee planning for Dawali Festival, Film Festival, and Fusion Art, Science and Technology project.
- Board member of the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce since 2013
Current Vice President of membership.
- Member of California and Nevada National Association of Theater Owners (NATO)
- Member of Cupertino Rotary Club since 2013
Sponsor of the Monthly Movie Nights at Bluelight Cinemas.
- CEO , Bluelight Cinemas since 2009
- Consultant, IPWIZE : Providing Intellectual Property and Business Development consulting services since 2011.
- MBA , San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA